- The Honorable Rodney Davis, R-IL, Chair of the House Committee on Agriculture's Biotechnology, Horticulture and Research Subcommittee
- Bill Horan, Farmer and Chairman
- Paul Sauder, CEO, Sauder's Eggs
- David Fischhoff, Chief Scientist, Climate Corporation
- Ronnie Green, Vice President, Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Nebraska
On Ag Day, the National Wheat Foundation hosted a Bagel Breakfast & Briefing on Innovation and the future of agriculture. Industry experts discussed important issues, including: biotechnology, sustainability, big data, research and advancements in modern agriculture.
In addition, a selection of photographs featuring women working in their various roles in agriculture, taken by Marji Guyler-Alaniz, President and Founder of FarmHer, was featured at the USDA. Marji Guyler-Alaniz is a native of Urbandale, Iowa, and has spent nearly two years documenting the important role that women play in agriculture throughout the U.S. for her long-term FarmHer project.
USDA Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden hosted a Google Hangout with Dr. Linda Young, Chief Mathematical Statistician and Director of Research and Development of USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service, and Marji Guyler-Alaniz for a celebration of women farmers and ranchers.