• The nominee can be any person over 21 years of age.The Charles Eastin Outstanding Service Award is named in honor of Charles “Charlie” Eastin, DVM, who passed away at the age of 86 on January 28, 2011. Dr. Eastin played an important role as a board member of the National Farm-City Council for many years. He served as the 35th Chairman of the NFCC from 1992-1994 and through the years, has chaired and served on many committees. Through his efforts, Lexington, Kentucky hosted a NFCC National Conference in the early 1990’s. As chairman of the Rural Urban Committee, he worked to build and maintain collaboration between the Lexington Rotary Club and University of Kentucky to host activities to further National Farm-City Council goals during Farm-City Week every year.
• Current members of the Agriculture Council of America Board of Directors are not eligible.
• The person may be nominated by anyone active in agriculture.
• The completed application should be forwarded to the the Agriculture Council of America via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted online at www.agday.org by February 15, 2015.
• A three-member committee, including at least one member of the ACA Board of Directors will judge the applications and select the recipient.
• The award will be presented at the National Ag Day Luncheon in Washington, DC on March 18, 2015.
• The winner will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses to attend the annual Farm-City event to receive the award including coach airfare or mileage for reasonable driving distance, 2 nights hotel room and a $50 per diem for meals and other expenses.
Charlie’s passion and dedication will continue to inspire those who work on behalf of promoting a greater understanding between rural and urban folk. The award’s tradition continues with the acquision of the Farm City Council by the Agriculture Council of America The Agriculture Council of America is privileged to present this award in his honor.